Recycle your water bottles and make your own Spring/Summer themed mini lights! Great for outdoor parties!
- Recycled Water Bottles (two for each flower)
- String Mini Lights of your choice, we chose a green cord resembling a vine
- Acrylic Paint, your choice of color, we used Gallery Glass for the flower, you can also use Alcohol Inks if desired.
- Paint Brush of your choice
- Green Foam Sheets for leaves
- Craft Wire of your choice
- 1199-10, Heat/Embossing Gun, optional, we did not use it this time
- Glue Gun & Glue Sticks or your choice of Adhesive – (If children are doing this project, adult supervision is required with glue gun!)
- Using photo above as a guide, cut the top of water bottle, shaping the mouth of the bottle to be the green bud the flower blooms from. Repeat for the number of flowers needed.
- Using photo above as a guide, cut the top of another water bottle, cutting off the mouth of the bottle, shaping it like a flower. You can leave as is, or you can shape the flower petals using a heat/embossing gun. See instructions here, Faux Flower Headband project. Repeat for number of flowers needed.
- Again, using photo above as a guide, assemble each flower securing pieces with adhesive of your choice.
- Using craft wire, carefully attach each flower to a mini light (mini light should come up the mouth of the bottle so the light is illuminating the flower). Repeat for number of lights/flowers on the mini light strand.
- Cut leaf shapes from green foam and attach to mini light cord with craft wire. Repeat for desired number of leaves.
- Plug in and enjoy!
Compliments of Sunshine Discount Crafts
Copyright 2015. All rights reserved.