When we added these creepy skeleton hands, we were so excited coming up with crazy, creepy, Halloween ideas for them! Here’s a little something you wouldn’t expect from a non-jewelry product! I absolutely LOVE seasonal novelty jewelry, but I especially like it to be unique and different (like me!)! We’re having so much fun with this and we hope you will, too! 🙂
- 3100-788, Halloween Bone (Skeleton) Hands
- Choker Necklace which holds it’s shape such as: 1976-90, 1976-91, 1999-432, 1999-733, 1999-2888
- Skull Beads, your choice of color, we used Multi
- 6.5 x 4mm Pony Beads or 5 x 7mm Pony Beads, your choice of color, we used Black from a Multi package, you can use any other bead of choice as long as the eye of the eye pin does not go through the bead
- Spikes of your choice, we used 1999-6215, Silver Metal Spikes
- 10mm Jump Rings, your choice of color
- Eye Pins of your choice, just be sure they are long enough to hold the beads you add plus making a loop at the top
- Jewelry Pliers
- Wire Cutter if your jewelry pliers don’t include one
- We first added just two hands to the necklace (adding the additional two hands was an afterthought, to be honest). We laid the hands on their backs (what would be palms up, if the skeleton had palms – heehee!), then laid the necklace on top. After doing this, tweak the position of the hands to desired location. We, very carefully, added E6000 to the palm/wrist area of the hand and on one fingertip per hand. You have to be pretty generous with the E6000, it may be necessary to hold it in place for a few minutes. We found it was helpful to put a piece of scotch tape to secure it in place while the glue dried. Allow glue to dry completely.
- Repeat for second hand, and third and forth if you are adding all 4 hands. Allow glue to dry completely.
- Place two pony beads on eye pin (you can add more if you choose, just be sure your eye pin is long enough), then skull bead so that the eye is at the bottom, followed by two more pony beads. It is necessary to have the pony bead because the eye of the eye pin will go through the large hole of the skull beads. You can use any bead of choice in place of pony beads, just be sure the eye of the eye pin will not go through the hole in the beads.
- Using wire cutter, trim the top of eye pin if necessary, just be sure there is enough eye pin left to make a loop at the top to attach a jump ring.
- Using jewelry pliers, make a loop at the top of eye pin.
- Using a jump ring, attach eye pin and beads to necklace (we attached ours in the middle between the first two hands).
- Using another jump ring, attach a spike to the eye of the eye pin at the bottom.
Compliments of Sunshine Discount Crafts
Copyright 2014. All rights reserved.