This Baby’s First Christmas ornament is oh, so cute! Easy to make and no worries if baby squirms because we used a shatterproof PET plastic ornament. We also explain how to make a baby’s foot print look-alike using your hand!
MATERIALS (click on hyperlinks below to purchase products):
- PET Plastic Ornament of your choice, we used 2610-63, 80mm Disc Ornament
- Acrylic Paint in your choice of color
- Fine Point Permanent Marker (such as Sharpie) or Dimensional Paint Writer in your choice of color
- Ornament Hanger of your choice
- Paint bottom of baby’s foot with a paint brush so there is not too much paint. Practice the footprint on paper a few times before putting it on the ornament. Acrylic paint is non-toxic and washes off skin with soap and water. It can be washed from fabric BEFORE IT DRIES with soap and water as well. It is permanent on fabric once it has dried so be careful not to get unwanted paint on clothing.
- If you prefer not to use the baby’s foot, you can make a “baby” footprint with your hand. This is actually how we made our ornament. Make a fist and press the edge (blade) of your hand in a thin layer of paint. Or you may brush on a light coat of paint. Use photo as a guide and make a print on the ornament. Make the toe prints with a little bit of paint on the tip of your finger.
- After the footprint has dried, write Baby’s name and year with a permanent marker or dimensional paint writer.
- Attach desired ornament hanger and enjoy for years to come!
Compliments of Sunshine Discount Crafts
Copyright 2012. All rights reserved.