Here’s a creative Christmas idea using the new shatterproof PET plastic light bulb ornament! Make your own adorable Jolly Old Elf ornament for yourself or for gift giving!
MATERIALS (click on hyperlinks below to purchase products):
- 2610-64, Light bulb shaped PET Shatterproof Ornament
- Flesh Tone Acrylic Paint of your choice
- Red Acrylic Paint of your choice
- Black Sharpie Marker or Black Acrylic Paint
- Snow Texture of your choice, we used DS46, Glistening Snow Tex
- 2510-409, Santa Hat 3” x 5-1/2”
- Ornament Hanger of your choice
- Small Liner Paint Brush of your choice
- Small Flat Paint Brush of your choice
- Glue gun
- Glue Sticks
- Using flesh tone paint, paint a circle on your ornament for Santa’s face (using photo as a guide). If necessary, apply a second coat and let dry.
- Using the photo as a guide, lightly draw Santa’s face with a pencil then, trace with black Sharpie or black acrylic paint.
- Paint Santa’s mouth red. We, very lightly, applied a very small amount of watered down red paint to make rosey cheeks on Santa. Practice on a sheet of paper in necessary.
- Using the photo as a guide, apply Snow Tex as Santa’s hair, beard, mustache and eyebrows. Let dry.
- Position hat on top of ornament. When you have desired position glue in place. Cut a small hole at the top, back of the hat for the ornament hook to be attached to the ornament.
- Hang on tree and enjoy!
Compliments of Sunshine Discount Crafts
Copyright 2012. All rights reserved.